How To Plan And Host An Inspiring And Unforgettable Vision Board Party
Before Planning A Vision Board Party
So you’d like to plan and host your very own vision board party. Great idea! Vision board parties can be an excellent bonding experience. They can also be a way to help a friend or relative who feels stuck, get unstuck. Maybe someone has been divorced for a couple of years and feels ready to move forward
Maybe someone has been divorced for a couple of years and feels ready to move forward but doesn’t know where to begin. Maybe a young person has started or graduated from college, but doesn’t know how to choose what’s next. Or maybe someone is going through other life changes (change of career, retirement, etc.) Here are a few things to know before you get started.
- What a vision board is and is not
- How to create a vision board
- We may be able to plan and host it for you: if you live in the Rio Grande Valley area (South Padre Island, Port Isabel, Harlingen, Brownsville, Laguna Vista, etc.)
Plan A Vision Board Party
- Decide on the number of invites: Because a vision board party requires interaction and interactivity, it’s best to keep the number of invites small. We recommend keeping it between 6 to 8 to keep things intimate and to allow each attendee the time needed to fully participate and receive focus.
- Encourage pre-party thinking: When you send out your invitations, let each participant know what to expect and have them spend some time considering what a vision board might look like for them. We don’t want them planning but just giving some thought… visualizing.
- Consider supplies: You might ask each guest to bring their own supplies but there is the risk that someone will show up and not have all that’s needed. The benefit of having guests bring their own supplies is that they cover the expense (though minimal). You can decide if it’s worth the risk.
- Consider drinks and appetizers: Making it a potluck and BYOB event will save you tons of cash and allow each participant to feel fully committed to your event.
Host A Vision Board Party
- Set up your location and decorate: Lay out food, drinks, and supplies. If you covered the cost of all these, you’ll need to have these in place before hand. You can choose this option then have each guest contribute a small fee or you can decide to cover the cost. It’s up to you.
- Make the space welcoming and relaxing: consider music (maybe instrumental). Something that’s not distracting but is calming. Create soft spaces for guests to relax by using pillows and throws.
- Layout the agenda and provide instructions: When guest arrive, begin the event with an introduction to vision boards as well as by setting expectations for the evening.
- Share your vision boards: After the vision boards are finished, have each attendee show and discuss the meaning of each element on their vision board. Ask questions to show interest and suggest solutions to any challenges, fears or obstacles that a participant expresses.
- Wrap up your vision board party: Take time to discuss action items. Make future plans for accountability or to revisit your vision boards.
Make It Epic and Unforgettable!
- Be encouraging throughout the process
- Form accountability partnerships
- Transform your vision boards into real plans with timelines and milestones
- Have fun!
Share your thoughts
- Have you ever hosted a vision board party? Tell us about your experience. Comment below.
- If you did host a vision board party, did your party have a theme or specific purpose? Comment below.
- What are your thoughts on vision boards and the law of attraction? Comment below.
Please Join Us On Facebook
Request to join our vision boards, visualization, and goal setting Facebook group. Join and help us create a meaningful community for everyone to learn ways to plan for and work towards your most epic goals.