21 Surprising Things About Me
Here are a few interesting facts that people are often surprised to learn about Marcia Hylton:
- I am a U.S. military veteran. I served in the armed forces during the first Gulf War.
- I am only 5’3″ but am often assumed to be taller (thanks to 3″ heels).
- I taught college for over four years.
- I have two rescue Dachshunds.
- I’ve sold two separate businesses.
- I am as comfortable in a 5-star restaurant as I am at a hole-in-the-wall.
- I’m a recovering workaholic and perfectionist.
- I’ve studied French, Spanish, and Hebrew.
- I once flew an airplane.
- I once took a 12-month sabbatical to travel.
- I’ve solo-traveled to more than 10 Caribbean islands.
- Over the years, I’ve owned a total of four rescue dogs.
- I’m not a good dancer, but somehow I once won a dance contest.
- I’m part Irish.
- I used to be a computer engineer.
- I am an immigrant.
- I was once homeless.
- I’ve never been a mom.
- It’s not my level of success that makes me happy; it’s my level of gratitude for the small things in life.
- Even though I sometimes come across as an extrovert, I am very much an introvert and sometimes even shy.
- I always enjoy meeting people who on the surface appear to have the least in common with me.
Here’s My Story
At the age of 25, I was a homeless Air Force veteran who didn’t have a penny to my name.
Today, I am a national award-winning business owner and a professionally-trained and certified life coach who just a few years ago sold my first business before taking 12 months off to travel and explore beautiful, exotic locations.
From both my corporate career and my years as an entrepreneur, I have gained extensive experience successfully creating, developing and marketing businesses. My work has included business development, automation, marketing, training, and leadership. And I have learned a few great business and life lessons along my path to success. So now I spend my time coaching dreamers to reach their goals.
When not coaching, you can find me either working on finishing my book, being a guest blogger, speaking on various topics at workshops or broadcasting on my podcasts.
In my personal time, I am [tweet_dis]a hobbyist photographer, amateur artist, beach bum, blogger, and a travel addicted island-hopping adventurer who also fancies fashion[/tweet_dis]. Found something relatable in my story? Send me a private message and let me know your thoughts. I’d be glad to hear from you.